We're celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of Good Humor with a tour of the US and Canada this September and tickets go on sale tomorrow.
We’ll be playing the album in it’s entirety, followed by a set of hits, old classics, and a brand new song or two.
Good Humor was originally released in the US by Sub Pop in 1998, and was the first full album we'd made together since Tiger Bay in 1994. It became our best selling album in North America, with album tracks like Goodnight Jack, Mr Donut and Been So Long proving to be more popular there than anywhere else.
It had been recorded in Malmo, Sweden with producer Tore Johansson at the entirely analogue Tambourine studio, where he had previously helmed the Cardigans' Life and First Band On The Moon albums. We lived in an apartment in the city together for six weeks, and the spirit of bonhomie came across on such fan favourites as Sylvie, Lose That Girl and Split Screen.
Sarah: "I’m so looking forwarded to touring Good Humor this autumn with our fabulous live band! I think it’s the best live line up we’ve ever had. Drummer Mike, the amazing Bennett brothers, Gerard Johnson and of course Debsey will really bring the album to life and add a certain je ne sais quoi!"
Bob: "My memories of making Good Humor are all good, and that's not just looking back twenty years through rose-coloured glasses. Living in a flat in Malmo together for 6 weeks made it feel like we were the Monkees, and I think that spirit comes across on the album. It contained some of my favourite St Et songs, that wise owl Tore Johansson's production was exceptional, and I was thrilled when it went down so well in the States.”
We are planning just one UK Good Humor show in October. Please stay tuned for details.
Tickets for the US and Canadian dates can be purchased this Friday, 8th June, as follows but please be quick as we’re expecting most or all of these to sell out:
5 Sept New York NY - Bowery Ballroom Tickets
6 Sept Brooklyn NY - WarsawTickets
7 Sept Washington DC - Union Stage Tickets
9 Sept Boston MA - Brighton Music Hall Tickets
10 Sept Montreal QC - Thèâtre Fairmont Tickets
11 Sept Toronto ON CANADA - Mod Club Tickets
13 Sept Chicago IL - Park West Tickets
15 Sept San Francisco CA - The Chapel Tickets
16 Sept Los Angeles CA - Fonda Theatre Tickets
Rick Astley’s new album, ‘Beautiful Life’, is released July 20th on BMG with an iconic cover shot by Rankin. Each of the twelve tracks are written, produced and played by Rick Astley.
Highlights are many and include the Chic flavored title track, the evocative ‘Rise Up’, the insanely catchy ‘Try’ and the warm childhood memories of ‘The Good Old Days’. There’s no denying, Rick Astley is back and here to stay.
01. Beautiful Life
02. Chance to Dance
03. She Makes Me
05. Last Night on Earth
06. Every Corner
07. I Need the Light
08. Better Together
09. Empty Heart
10. Rise Up
12. The Good Old Days
Pre-order here: Rick Astley Store
Fused is an electronic music artist influenced by Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Mesh, Tenek, De/Vision, Parralox, Erasure and Lowe, who has been writing and recording as Fused since 1989.
Dream On: performed by Fused and featuring the vocal talent of Stephen Newton (of GLYDA), Dream On is a new electronic reinterpretation of the Depeche Mode song but with a more 'classic DM era' feel along with influence of more modern synth bands such as Mesh.
Paradise is the follow-up to Electric Nights feat Johanna Gervin, which climbed to Number 20 in the UK Commercial Pop Club Chart in March 2018. Marcella Detroit is the lead vocalist on Paradise, with Lillia Mendoza and Louise Love on backing vocals.
Marcella Detroit is an iconic singer and her stellar career includes Shakespear's Sister (with Siobhan Fahey from Bananarama), acting and singing on the BBC TV show Absolutely Fabulous (as Eddie's Angel in The Last Shout) and as a background singer for Eric Clapton and Bob Seger. Marcella also appeared in the Beatles film "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".
Paradise feat Marcella Detroit comes with remixes by Eric Kupper (now part of C&C Music Factory and was Frankie Knuckles' engineer), Lifelike, Mark Hagan and People Theatre.
CD1: Parralox - Paradise feat Marcella Detroit EP (CD)
01. Paradise (feat. Marcella Detroit) (Radio Mix)
02. Paradise (feat. Marcella Detroit) (Eric Kupper Remix)
03. Paradise (feat. Marcella Detroit) (Lifelike Remix)
04. Paradise (feat. Marcella Detroit) (People Theatre Remix)
05. Paradise (feat. Marcella Detroit) (Will Alonso Remix)
06. Paradise (feat. Marcella Detroit) (Destino Remix)
07. Paradise (feat. Marcella Detroit) (Mark Hagan Remix)
08. Nemesis (Demo V1)
09. Sueño Latino (Demo V1)
CD2: Parralox - Remix Series 3 - Talion Law (Promotional CD-R)
01. Sharper Than A Knife (The Talion Law A Seed Of Love Mix) ***
02. Aeronaut (The Talion Law Flying Soul Mix)
03. Beautiful World (Talion Law Remix)
04. Do You Feel What I Feel (The Talion Law Delight Mix Demo) ***
05. Eye In The Sky (The Talion Law Optical Radio Mix)
06. Footsteps (The Talion Law Midnight Mix)
07. I Am Human (Talion Law Remix)
08. Sharper Than A Knife (The Talion Law Dead Slow Mix)
09. Wildlife (Talion Law Remix)
10. Time (The Talion Law Velvet Mix) ***
CD3: Parralox - Remixes 4 (Promotional CD-R)
01. Paul Lekakis - Somebody (Is Out There) (Parralox Club Mix)
02. Silver Factory Superstars - Stardust (Parralox Remix)
03. Neil Francis - Closure (Parralox Remix)
04. Real Experts - Yet feat Neil Francis (Parralox Remix)
CD4: Parralox - Demos & Rarities - Volume 1 (Promotional CD-R)
01. Be Careful What You Wish For (Demo)
02. Artificial (Demo)
03. Lonely Hearts (Demo)
04. Blind Vision (Demo)
05. Electric Nights (AJ's Alternative Mix)
06. Voyager (Gay Cat Park 80s Remix)
07. Shine (Demo)
08. The Black Hit Of Space (Demo V1)
09. I'm Not Scared (Demo)
10. System Of Pleasure (Demo V1)
(All tracklistings are subject to change)